- The ability to use visual language skillfully and convincingly (for example, line, shape, pattern, colour, texture, form) to express emotions, interpret observations, convey insights and accentuate their individuality.
- The ability to communicate fluently in visual and tactile form.
- The ability to draw confidently and adventurously from observation, memory and imagination.
- The ability to explore and invent marks, develop and deconstruct ideas and communicate perceptively and powerfully through purposeful drawing in 2D, 3D or digital media.
- An impressive knowledge and understanding of other artists, craft makers and designers.
- The ability to think and act like creative practitioners by using their knowledge and understanding to inform, inspire and interpret ideas, observations and feelings.
- Independence, initiative and originality that they can use to develop their creativity.
- The ability to select and use materials, processes and techniques skilfully and inventively to realise intentions and capitalise on the unexpected.
- The ability to reflect on, analyse and critically evaluate their own work and that of others.
- A passion for and a commitment to the subject.
Key Stage 1
Key Stage 2
• Exploring and using media and materials.
• Being imaginative
• Use experiences and ideas as the inspiration for artwork.
• Share ideas using drawing, painting and sculpture.
• Explore a variety of techniques.
• Learn about the work of a range of artists, artisans and designers.
• Use experiences, other subjects across the curriculum and ideas as inspiration for artwork.
• Develop and share ideas in a sketchbook and in finished products.
• Improve mastery of techniques.
• Learn about the great artists, architects and designers in history.
|Develop Ideas||Master Techniques||Take Inspiration from the Greats|
|This concept involves understanding how ideas develop through an artistic process.||This concept involves developing a skill set so that ideas may be communicated.||This concept involves learning from both the artistic process and techniques of great artists and artisans throughout history.|