PSHE / RSE - Curriculum Intent
Through PSHE, at Woodley CofE Primary School, we aim to provide our pupils with:
- accurate, balanced and relevant knowledge
- opportunities to develop positive personal attributes such as resilience, self-confidence, self-esteem, and empathy.
- opportunities to turn that knowledge into personal understanding
- opportunities to explore, clarify and if necessary challenge, their own and others’ values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities
- the skills, language and strategies they need in order to live a healthy, safe, fulfilling, responsible and balanced life.
- opportunities to develop positive personal attributes such as resilience, self-confidence, self-esteem, and empathy
Expected Opportunities - National Curriculum
PSHE Threshold Concepts
|PSHE1||PSHE2||PSHE 3||PSHE 4||PSHE 5|
|Health & Well-being||Relationships||Living in the Wider World||BRIGHT Learners||Core Values|
|this concept involves developing the knowledge & skills required to understand personal well-being, including mental and physical health||this concept equips children with the ability to recognise positive & negative relationships and emotions. It provides opportunities to reflect on and discuss challenges associated with equality and diversity||this concept is about developing the personal skills necessary to become a good citizen in our society in the real world and online||this concept is about developing our pupils attitudes to learning, ensuring the have the resilience, self-belief and thinking skills required to be brave learners|
PSHE & SRE Curriculum Progression
Please take some time to look at the Knowledge and Skills that your child will be taught from YR - Y6 during PSHE & RSE sessions.
Milestone 0 is for the 4 - 5 year old children in our Reception Classes (EYFS)
Milestone 1 is for the 5 - 7 year old children in Y1 & Y2 Classes (KS1)
Milestone 2 is for the 7 - 9 year old children in Y3 & Y4 Classes (LKS2)
Milestone 3 is for the 9 - 11 year old children in Y5 & Y6 Classes (UKS2)